Saturday, September 3, 2011

Chinese Mee Goreng华人印度面@ Penang Burma Road

For a long time I did not visit this coffee shop since I move away from my old house, I remember the last time I visit here is about 2002. That time I still not yet start my blog and I think I forgoten how the taste is like. Just remember my friend told me that the Indian Mee here and the Wan Tan Mee here are famous.

Now I repay a visit to this coffee shop located at Burma Road before my Salsa calss. The coffee shop name Golden City Coffee Shop (Beside New World Park).

This Indian Mee was not friend by Indian or Mamak, it was fried by a Chinese lady, So the name of this stall also nwriten in Mandarin: 华人印度面。(Chinese Indian Mee Goreng).

1st, I ordered the Indian Mee Goreng and then waited the mee to be served. When the Mee Goreng served to my table,
I look at it and: wow... so small the portion... I think I need to eat 2 plate...
then stall helper said: RM4.00.
Me thinking: ??!! RM4.00 so small plate... haiz... pay lar...

Then I start to taste this Indian Mee Gogeng "carefully" as i really no memory how the taste is like back to 2002 when my friend ask me to eat here...
Ingredient: Tao Kua (bean Curd), Sotong, crush peanut, potato, friend Indian Kuih, Tao Geh, egg.
Comment:
The color not attractive before eat, the smell also not as aromatic as "legend"... the mee goreng taste not so special, but it also added some sotong in it, the sotong are bit too sweet. Also to remind aunt, adding egg doesn't mean you need to add in the egg shell... >.<" I get every bite with egg shell in my mouth... Portion too samll for a man, but is ok for a lady to eat for snak... I really hope aunt can improve for the way she "goreng people"... RM4.00 for a small plate of mee goreng is cut-throat action do you think so? As I also order a 1 1/2 portion of Wan Tan Mee, the Wan Tan Mee just cost me RM3.40...

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah. I also found the egg shell from mee when i bite in my mouth too. The taste not so nice only.

Post a Comment